Friday, December 5, 2008

Labeling = Organizing Your Blog Posts for Your Readers to Find!

If you use Blogger.com you may have seen this at the bottom of your blog post screen and thought - what the heck is that for? Is that for keyword ranking? Well those were my questions anyway - but alas my dear sweet fellow bloggers it is not for improving your blog's ranking - but...it is something even cooler! NO WAY MAN! YES WAY GARTH!!

When I read Google's help file on Posting Labels I was floored!

You mean I can categorize all my blog postings by keyword? How awesome is that! So anytime I have a blog posting on "how the man sticks it to me" I can enter that phrase into the label post box. lol Then whenever I'm in the mood to read all my postings on that topic I can click on that label and see them all! WHOOPIE! lol

And of course you know what that means - your readers can do the same!

What a great way to provide a string of related blog posts without having to create a blog just for the best postings.

Of course right now this feature only works within one blog not across multiple blogs - but hey Google is always working on new features maybe you should suggest it to them and see if they do it!

And check this out you can even label several blog posts at once !

Especially good if you've already written them and didn't know about this feature!!!

Plus you can add more than one label per post - you can add it to as many categories as it is relevant in. As you'll notice from my posts I sometimes get excited and include information that belongs to other blog topics within one post, so with the multi-labeling, people who are looking for either topic can find the post!

You'll gain more readers by labeling because some people may be only interested in one topic you're discussing in your blog and if you've written something about that topic elsewhere and not labeled it under the topic they are looking at it's very unlikely that they'll ever find it. Cross-reference baby!

Oh and you can show all post labels when you are labeling. There's a hyperlink at the right of the "Labels for this post" textbox which is called "Show All" - click on it and a drop down list will appear will all your existing labels. This is a great feature because then you don't accidentally call the label something different - like: Blog Success one time and another time Blogging Success. Using
this feature allows you to make sure all your related posts end up in same category.

As if that wasn't enough - you can also link to search results for whatever keyword or phrase you enter.

For an example scroll to the bottom of the posting titled: Blogging Success at its Best and you'll see I've included a link to search results within our blog for the keyword: success. How awesome is that?

You think we're done? Not yet! Here's one more great thing you can do:

You can hyperlink directly to the post labels! For an example see number 3 on this posting.

As you can see blogger.com has tons of great features! To anyone interested in an easy to use blog host I highly recommend blogger.com - it's really intuitive!

In fact I'm so glad I chose blogger.com as my blog host because now that I have almost 60 group blogs on their site I can easily manage them all with the greatest of ease!

So if you're interested in joining a group blog then check out my website called Chatblog. It's free to join and you can begin blogging without having to set up your own blog! To see what other benefits Chatblog offers click here.

Peaking your interests,
CB Webmaster

P.S. If you need any help learning how to use blogger.com I'm more than happy to help you - you can contact me directly at: webmaster@chatblog.net78.net (oh and you don't have to sign up for chatblog for my free help - I just like to help bloggers succeed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment