Thursday, December 18, 2008

Fulfill Your Promises!

There's a difference between a snappy title and a crappy title - and it's only crappy because you don't fulfill your end of the bargain! The title can't just sound great - you have to deliver the great content which the title indicates!

A big disappointment for me is to click on an amazing sounding headline like - "25 Ways to Get to the Top of Google's Results" - only to find out that none of the "25" things mentioned have any way of helping me get to the top of Google's results. Talk about a way to bum a person out!

If this has ever happened to you then you know what I'm saying.

So the simplest way to avoid disappointing your readers is to fulfill your promises.

If you promise to tell them 25 Ways to Get to the Top of Google's Results - then do it.

If you only know 2 ways, then tell them those 2 ways. I'd rather hear two great methods as opposed to 25 useless ideas.

What if you don't know how to get to the top of Google's results? Then don't say you do! lol That seems like a pretty simple obvious thing to me, but it brings to mind stories I've heard of people interviewing for a job who say they have the qualifications but they really don't!

So the easiest way to avoid this trap is just to make a comprehensive list of your qualifications and then write on those subjects in detail. The clearer you can be, especially if you are sharing some instruction of some sort the more grateful your readers will be!

What if you don't have any qualifications? Don't panic. It's okay - you can teach yourself! Yep, just like in life, when you've wanted to do something you taught yourself how to do it, right? Same goes for blogging.

Just begin by investigating a topic that really sparks your interest. Then if you follow the steps I've outlined in the process for becoming an expert on any topic you'll be on your way!

So good luck! And I can't wait to hear your ideas!

Sincerely,
CB Webmaster

P.S. If you've read several of my posts you can see how I always fulfill my promises (well to the best of my ability!)

P.P.S. I know there's all kinds of pressure out there to make sure and title your posts well just don't let that pressure get to you. Keep your head and you'll make out alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment