Saturday, December 13, 2008

Title Your Blog Posts! Don't Skip This!

I can't believe I missed this one - title every single one of your posts! I guess I just assumed everyone would do this automatically - but if you haven't made this your habit make it now!

People use the title as their "IN" into your blog post.

Without a title why should they dig into a posting which they know nothing about?

And this is not to mention of the most important things about why you should create a title for each and every blog posting - titles are how people find your blog in the search engines!

So please please don't get lazy and think - oh I can title it later - or even worse miss it altogether because you're so busy creating the content of the blog post.

Always providing titles,
CB Webmaster

P.S. Here's a link to blogger.com's help article on how to change the settings to your blog to use the title as your permalink URL: How do I add title tags to my template?

But you should know that unless you altered the code of your template, this setting should by default automatically be set to display the title of your blog post as your permalink URL.

No comments:

Post a Comment