Friday, December 12, 2008

Best Internet Tip of Your Life!

How do I know this is the best internet tip of your life? I tried it! So am I the smartest person in the world? Nope. But when I see a good thing I check it out and see if it lives up to its hype!

Important note: If you have Vista Home or XP Home this tip will not work for you! I'm soooooo sorry!

So what's the tip?

Well first off I didn't come up with this tip I found it on another person's blog.

Here's the link: Get 20% More Internet Browsing Speed from Windows!

So I followed the clear steps this person outlined and completed it in less than 2 minutes. Then I went online. I have a cable connection and I thought it was fairly fast because it usually loads pages within 3-10 seconds.

But right after I performed this task when I did an internet search I got the results back in 1/4 second flat! I was absolutely floored!

And just to make sure my results were accurate I then clicked on one of the search results and it took 3 seconds to load the page fully. To compare this I tried it on another computer I have connected to the internet - it took 7 seconds! So I'm definitely going to change this setting on all my computers!

In all honesty I didn't think this tip was going to do anything - I mean why would Microsoft deliberately slow everyone's internet speed down by 20% by default? What could they possibly gain by this?

I don't know and I don't really want to know. But I am fully aware of the repercussions this Internet Tip is going to have for millions of users! That's why the second after I did it I wrote this post - I can't imagine holding onto this gem and not telling anyone about it immediately!

It's probably the best thing that has happened to me this year. (Yes I'm an avid internet user as you can probably tell from that statement) But if you use the internet even semi-frequently then you cannot afford to miss out on this tip!

So what are you waiting for? Set it up now and you'll be broswing 20% faster in 2 minutes!

Clock it!

Your VERY exuberant,
CB Webmaster

P.S. I know the first thing you're going to want to do is optimize all your computers that are connected to the internet. And then you're going to want to tell all your friends. So here's how you can do that. You can either link to the permalink for this article or you can click on the envelope icon at the bottom of this posting.

P.P.S. For tons more useful tips for Bloggers make sure and check out CB Blog Success

No comments:

Post a Comment