Saturday, December 6, 2008

Do I really need a Profile?



Yes.



But why?

Because, a profile allows people to get to know more about your, your interests - see the man behind the curtain so to speak.

Don't you feel more comfortable knowing who you're talking to, instead of some "blank" faceless person? Oooh scary image man! lol

A profile lends credibility to your blog postings.

Without a profile or a bare profile people are going to wonder who is this person anyway? Why should I value or trust what they have to say?

This is important, especially since the goal you should always shoot for in your posts is to come across as an expert.

Although you can retain your anonymity if you desire you still should explain why you've chosen to write your blog.

If you had to choose between two blogs on the same topic and these were their profiles, which blog would you rather read?

Hi all! I'm Judy. I live in Tennessee! I grew up with four brothers and a father who treated me like one of the guys. Now thanks to them I'm an avid sports fan! I can't miss Monday night football for a drink with the girls - they have to wait until Tuesday! So make sure to subscribe to my Rss feed to get regular updates on all the sports news you can handle!!!

or

I love sports. All of them. I'm going to write about them for you whenever I get time. And I'll keep you informed of how my favorite teams are doing.

Well some may prefer to read the postings by the second author, but I bet most people are going to cast their votes for Judy! Sure she may be a girl, which may normally be perceived as a set-back for sports knowledge - but she told us how she has more knowledge than your average Joe. And she told me how I can get the information I want about sports fast!

Lisa (yep she has her name on her blog) has a blog posting which talks more about the benefits of creating a profile page about yourself.

Toodles for now,
CB Webmaster

P.S. Also you may want to visit our tips on how to Make a Great Profile and on a Profile's Purpose

No comments:

Post a Comment