Saturday, December 13, 2008

New Post or Add to Previous Post?

Important note when you're thinking about adding something new to an existing post first ask yourself:

Could this thought/link stand on its own as a new post?

If the answer is yes - great!

Just create a new post and in that post hyperlink a reference to the old related post.

Not only does this save you time of tracking down that old post but it gives your readers a whole new post to read!

I found this out one day when I wanted to add some notes to a post I had written on ... and what I wanted to add ended up becoming several paragraphs of new content and I thought - hey this can be it's own post - because it was too much information that if I added it to the old post it would detract from it's original essence/intention.

Always learning,
CB Webmaster

No comments:

Post a Comment