Saturday, December 13, 2008

Advertise Yourself!

Shameless self-promoting?

Nah, that's not what I'm talking about!

I'm talking about making a habit of linking to your other relevant posts.

If you do that you'll gain more blog readers and people will stick around because you're giving them more than what they asked for!

Don't you just love getting 2 for 1?

And even if you have another blog or a website you can link to those too whenever it's appropriate - the key word here is appropriate - people don't wanna hear you going on and on about how great your other blog is - unless it's relevant to the topic they're reading about in this blog posting.

I often mention my website Chatblog whenever it comes up "naturally" in context. See an example of how I do that here.

So there you have it! Be your own spokesperson!

Free advertisement never hurt anyone!

Plugging along,
CB Webmaster

No comments:

Post a Comment