Saturday, December 13, 2008

Write from Experience

Speak from experience.

For example I use blogger.com to blog with - so since every day I am becoming more and more familiar with their features I am able to write about my experience using them.

Now I know that there are several important and popular other blog hosts out there such as wordpress but since I don't have any hands-on experience using them and I don't have a particular interest in them I don't write about them.

But because I have users who are interested in them I make sure to keep my eyes open for other people's posts about the features of these services that sound fantastic - then I just make sure to write a quick blog post linking to their post.

Why not just write about what you know and let other people write about what they know? Then you don't waste your time and anyone else's time!

Who wants to read a blog posting by someone who knows little or nothing about the topic?

Or even worse, who is only writing about it out of an obligation to write blog postings that will bring in the masses?

Stick to what you love and what you've got under your belt and you can't go wrong!

Oh and keep open minded! Just because you don't know something, as long as you have have a passion to learn about it - you can write about it and even become an expert in it!

No kidding,
CB Webmaster

P.S. What if you have no experience but tons of passion? Well then I recommend joining one of Chatblog's 50+ topics because they are group blogs which means the pressure is taken off of you to be the only one producing posts!

P.P.S. In case you missed my post on how to get new material you might want to check it out: Blog Material For Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment