Friday, December 5, 2008

Lightning Fast User Critiques of Your Blog Posts!

Google's done it again Gilligan old buddy! Giving us another AWESOME feature for all us blogger.com bloggers! They call it "The Reaction." lol I like I like!!

So here's what it does -

It adds a quick poll to the bottom of each and every blog posting!

Any one who reads the posting can with one click check a box providing you with instant feedback on your post! How great is that? Okay you know I think it's great lol

Check out mine - I put it on this blog - just scroll down to the bottom of this blog posting and you'll see it for yourself!

See what I mean? Cool, huh?

And what's even greater is that it's fully customizable (what else could a user ask for? *Toyota* okay jingle in my head, phew it's gone - sorry!)

The default poll looks something like this:

Reaction: cool, weird, bad

But you can change any of these items to say whatever you want!

I even have one blog where I wrote it like this:

Free Money is:    possible    a myth    horse-pocky

Now I don't think anyone even remembers the phrase "horse-pocky" any more lol but I somehow churned this word out of the recesses of my mind. I think it's a funny comment to make about a person's blog though! lol

Not only is this fun to play with funky words - but it can actually provide you with useful feedback on your blogging.

Like if you change it to read:

I thought this was:    helpful     stunk     boring!!!

then you have some idea of what people are thinking immediately after they read your posting - which means it's their gut reaction! (Hence why Google called it Reaction!)

You can see how many people voted for each item and then based on that feedback you can "improve" your blog postings or "pat yourself on the back for a job well done!"

Or you can forget utilizing it for feedback and just have fun with it:

Your writing: smells worse than cockroaches

or how bout this one:

Review: My blind grandma could write better!

lol well you get my drift....

See ya in the polls,
CB Webmaster

No comments:

Post a Comment