Sunday, December 21, 2008

Blog Material For Life!

Impossible! No! It can't be! You're telling me if I follow what you say to do next I can have as much blog material as I want for the rest of my life?

Yes you can!

So how do I do this magical feat you're so brazenly letting out of the box?

It's simple:

Keep detailed notes of your processes.

Now what exactly does that mean? And why should I do that?

Well let me start with the why -

What is it that most people seek online?

Information.

And not just information - how-to!

They want to know how to apply something to their own lives.

Here's a great example:

Let's say you wake up one day and you decide you wanna learn how to row a boat (ok how about learn to water ski, who rows boats anymore - I feel the need for speed!)

So here you are sitting at home. You turn on your computer and open an internet browser. What do you do next? You type into a search engine: "How to ski"

Why? Because, that's what you want to find out.

So how can your blog posting be the page they find when they click enter on that search?

Very simple. If you've ever water skied you just write down the process of how you learned to do it yourself. This goes for anything you have learned and you can also apply this to anything you want to learn - yes that's right folks - you can become an expert almost instantly on any topic you want to blog about with just a little leg work and a little brainstorming.

Remember even if you're a beginner blogger that doesn't mean you have to have the mindset that keeps you at the beginner level! How fast you progress is up to you!

I'm going to give you a specific example related to blogging.

Say you want to learn how to write fantastic blogs!

Well you too are going to begin a search on finding that information.

This is where your "process" begins:

1. First you ask questions.

2. Then you seek answers.

3. Then you get information which you can apply.

4. Then you try out this information.

5. Then you improve upon this information with new ideas/methods.

It's these "new" ideas that you're going to use for your writing material.

This is what people want to know - how to do everything:

1. Better.

2. Easier.

3. Faster.

It you accomplish those three things then you've got it made baby! lol

And if you REALLY want to succeed I suggest you cite the original sources you used because they were key to your being able to write your own post.

So what are you waiting for? Start asking questions right now!

Endearingly yours,
CB Webmaster


P.S. Here's a link to a post I wrote which outlines the process I use for coming up with my blog posting ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all of these excellent tips! I never realized how my experience and expertise on a topic could become material for a blog and a resource that others might find helpful. Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete