Friday, December 5, 2008

Get Your Creative Juices Flowing Again!

I'm dying! Help me please! My blog postings are stale and boring and people are throwing out their Rss subscriptions to my blog! lol

Okay okay I know I know it's going to be okay. We'll make it all better.

I've got one sure fire fix for you (you're gonna smack yourself on the forehead when you hear it, but here goes)

Take a break.

WHAT????? Noooooooo are you serious? Yes truly I am.

How's that going to help?

Let me count the ways:

1. When your mind is no longer stressing over what to write it magically frees up! I'm not kidding ppl!

2. Your brain cells need time to recharge. What? Now that's not scientific - is it?

3. The time away allows time for ideas to seep into your brain. Especially effective if you take a nap/go to sleep - why? Oh I'm sure you know the answer to this one - when you're falling asleep what happens? - your subconscious takes over and all those ideas which were locked in before are suddenly free to pop out and start running wild!

When you return, refreshed, you won't believe it - it's a whole new thing! You will see with eyes anew!

Oh and don't forget to keep a notepad or tape recorder by your bed side - trust me you don't wanna let those good ideas get away - you may think you'll remember them in the morning but come morning you're cursing yourself for not writing it down as the ideas have all slipped away, and even if a few linger - you'll be pissed at yourself for letting the good ones - you know they were good ones get away!

So say goodbye to dry spells and start writing!

Cheerfully yours,
CB Webmaster

P.S. If you are too impatient (no need to hide it here, we're all friends) you can do a jump-start exercise right now and get to this "daydreaming" experiment at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment