Thursday, December 4, 2008

10 Easy Steps to Become a Successful Blogger Overnight

You can become a successful blogger overnight - no joke!

How do I know this? Well....the proof is in the pudding (okay I have no idea what that means, but I do know what I mean! lol)

I did it! (does that make me the pudding? lol *shrugging shoulders*)

How and the heck did you do that? I have no idea! Nah just kidding! lol! But I bet that's what you thought I was gonna say!

The truth is I began my first Chatblog post on November 18, 2008. Hey wait that's not overnight today is December 4, 2008 Ok ok don't take things so literally I mean we're talking two weeks I think that counts :P

So this is how I did it (yep I'm sharing my trade secret with you, click here if just have to know why)

10 Easy Steps to Become a Successful Blogger Overnight

1. I came up with an idea for a blog (well actually in my case it was for a site that combines chatting and group blogging for tons of topics!)

2. I began my search. (see what I mean here)

3. I took notes and bookmarked URLs of best sources of information.

4. I found out what users needed right now.

5. I combined my interest with what users need.

6. I began writing posts.

7. I recorded my ideas for new blog posts.

8. I followed through on my ideas for new blog posts by actually writing them up.

9. I posted my blog posts.

10. I focus each post on conveying one idea - why? Because if you have 10 ideas and you put them all in one post you get what? Only one post.....but if you take each idea and make it its own post you achieve the following:

Easy chunks of digestible information for your readers (perfect for rss feeds! Ppl can get what they need quickly!)

Why is this so important? Well because honestly which would you rather read a lengthy homework looking article or several jaunty to the point pieces that give you what you need?

So how does this make you successful? Well for an illustration let's take two blogs that have just begun:

On the first one is a person droning on and on about why they began the blog (BORING!)

and

On the second you have a person who has answers to YOUR questions! And these answers are brief and just what you wanted to know!

And which one would you think is more of an expert? The one who has only 1 blog posting or the one who has 20 insightful engaging answers to your questions? I think the answer is pretty obvious.

If you've ever heard the concept of acting AS IF then you get what I'm saying.

You don't have to be an expert to start becoming one!

You are setting up a format to succeed - by acting as if you've already succeeded - you will in fact succeed!

Woah, heavy, isn't it? Yeah...but scientists boil it down to this - if you can try out an experiment and get desired results time and time again - then your theory becomes a fact.

Live the fact, and it will become what it is.

Your very humble,

CB Webmaster

P.S. I thought you might like to take a look at the scientific method:

1. Define the question
2. Gather information and resources (observe)
3. Form hypothesis
4. Perform experiment and collect data
5. Analyze data
6. Interpret data and draw conclusions that serve as a starting point for new hypothesis
7. Publish results
8. Retest (frequently done by other scientists)

No comments:

Post a Comment