Sunday, December 14, 2008

Profiles - What to Put in Them!

So what should you include in your profile?

You may notice my from my "About Me" section on the right side of this blog that my profile isn't really about me as a person. That's what most people usually use it for.

But as you can see, you can write it up to address the needs of your readers instead of just blabbing on about how you like monkeys.

I think that's probably the biggest thing you can do for your profile - make it about your readers instead of making it about you!

As you saw in my profile instead of writing about me I hyperlinked to a blog posting about me - and actually if you followed the blog posting to the page about me called The Creator then you saw how even there although I spoke about my personal experience I made the entire story's goal to be about why I am like my readers and how every thing I do is about making the best possible site for them. One word of caution here - be sincere - people can spot insincerity instantly even on the internet!

As you may have noticed in my profile I took my readers on a little walk - I let them click on different blog posts and even go directly to my webpage to find out more instead of just letting them sit on my profile. Here's why I did that.

Of course this is just a suggestion, if you want to list all your interests then go right ahead and do that! Just think in terms of universal appeal to your readers and you'll be fine.

Sincerely,
CB Webmaster

P.S. I excerpted this post from another of my posts called: Create a Great Blogger.com Profile because I kept finding myself wanting to refer to this part of the post, and since it's a long post it was hard for my readers to find this part. So I apologize if you've already read that post.

No comments:

Post a Comment